Traditional American winter holiday feasts often feature hearty glazed hams, roasted potatoes, baby carrots, caramelized brussels sprouts, gravy plus lots of trimmings, eggnog and pies. But holiday food choices can be quite different if one adopts a French theme. Wine is a must and so are oysters topped with a classic mignonette sauce – this time made with blush-colored rose’ wine…so French and so romantic.
Rose Mignonette for Oysters
Makes Enough for about 2 dozen Oysters
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Dry Rose Wine
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Minced Shallot
- 1 Generous Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Shucked Taylor Pacific Oysters
- Crushed Ice
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Serve alongside freshly shucked Oysters on a bed of ice
Happy New Year’s!