It was Shakespeare who said, “If music be the food of love, play on.” But don’t forget the noble oyster, which has also long been associated with romance and all matters of a loving heart.
Long before dining sweethearts order oysters, chefs and bar tenders are seeking that perfect cocktail/oyster pairing that will make the evening ahead doubly memorable for both guests and staff.
Here are two Valentine focused cocktails that will match perfectly with Taylor Shellfish Oysters, especially when served fresh and oh so romantically on the half shell.
- 4 ounces sparkling wine (served traditionally in a coupe)
- ¼ ounce absinthes
- Citrus Flavored Sugar Cube
- To make the sugar cubes, use mini cube ice trays.
- Add 1 cup sugar to 1 tablespoon orange bitters
- Mix and let harden overnight in trays.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Place flavored sugar cube into base of champagne glass,
- Add absinthes.
- Add Champagne.
- 1 oz. Line Aquavit
- 1 oz. Mt. Gay Dark Rum
- ½ oz. Laphroaig Islay Scotch
- ½ oz. Fino Sherry
- ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 4 dashes Scrappy's Celery Bitters
- Stir with ice.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.