As soon as the winter holidays are over, hearts turn to romance and for chefs that means it’s wedding planning time. Every bride wants the perfect wedding complete with the year’s most memorable reception at rock bottom prices.
Professional chefs are therefore required to balance between two extremes – a limited budget and expectations of bridal perfection.
One easy, yet elegant, appetizer that answers both needs is an offering of mushroom caps stuffed with seasonal fresh clams.
Clam Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 fresh cap mushrooms, stems removed
- 13 ozs minced clams
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp Italian style seasoning
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups butter, melted
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
- Mix together minced clams, garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion, bread crumbs, green bell pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning and black pepper.
- Slowly stir in approximately 1/2 the butter, enough to make the mixture slightly moist.
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve Warm